HBAS is independent in its view of historic buildings and landscapes – we only recommend what we consider to be the most appropriate action for a particular historic building, site, or landscape.
In our approach to heritage protection we follow the ethos of all the major UK and international conservation bodies such as:
- Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings (SPAB)
- Institute of Historic Building Conservation (IHBC)
- ICOMoS (International Council on Monuments and Sites)
- Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (CIfA)
We work closely with and follow the guidelines issued by the national heritage bodies across the UK and the Republic of Ireland (RoI)
- Historic England (HE)
- Historic Environment Scotland (HES)
- CADW (Welsh Government)
- Northern Ireland (NI) Environment Agency
- Isle of Man Department of Local Government and the Environment
- States of Jersey
- States of Guernsey
- RoI Department of Environment, Heritage & Local Government
When providing help to our clients we have the importance and protection of the historic buildings and landscapes as our core objective
We are here to help you avoid the problems that many historic building owners encounter by advising on the most appropriate conservation and construction methods, material and service suppliers, contractors or crafts people to meet your needs.
We aim to ensure a high standard of delivery of our professional services to all our clients.